Monday, July 30, 2012

Jack Phillips' Cupcakes Suck? – Lakewood Colorado, Buckle of the Denver Tighty Whitey Belt




I stand by Jack Phillips right to refuse service to anybody.

I am bothered by it. It reminds me of the days of civil rights in the sixties when Jim Crow Laws had stood unchallenged for decades both north and south.

It bothers me that a successful business man can actually think that he did it all by hisself “I built it myself” and nobody in the community bothered anywhere along the way, education, loans, roads, customer good will etc.

I begin to realize why the “tighty whitey” bubble burb atmosphere surrounding Denver builds mega churches and indirectly sponsors massacres like Columbine and Aurora.

This Facebook fuss is all about a gay couple wanting to exchange vows of love and commitment in an uncertain world to each other. And wanting to buy a wedding cake from Jack who refused the honor.

I have suffered my share of stares and discrimination over the decades because my wife was Hispanic.  I know that there are two Americas, one rich, one poor, one white, one all-others, and now it is one pure male hetero and one all-others including all women as well. The rich pure white male so-called heteros are a dying minority.  Let their legacy of hate covered in sickeningly sweet cake icing die out soon in my great diverse American county.

I hope Jack Phillips enjoys making cupcakes that only his Tighty Whitey minority neighbors enjoy. I wish him luck in his business and I pray one day before he dies, he becomes a human being.

Have a nice day Jack.  

.

No comments: