Friday, May 27, 2011

Itinerate Lay RC Preacher Michael Voris

I guess when local newscaster types, past their prime, need to find a niche market to sell MSM stuff; why not try to sell the old religion and chotsky stuff.

I ran into this right wing traditionalist speaker on You Tube. I tried to find a full bio on him which is hard even with the Internet. This is one of the least offensive You Tubes I found. Full of Pride and the Old Traditionalist Catholic spirit that I have not seen in generations.

The only saving grace in his YT video chotskies are the limited number of hits this crap gets.


I have not heard so much medieval clap trap since my youth in the RC church. The church militant can be quite offensive. No?

Apparently there is a traditionalist Catholic out there who also questions the credentials of such a glibbed tongue itinerate media prophet. From his blog:

Staten Island Catholic
I have no reason to distrust him, but I'm finding it increasingly odd that I have not been able to find one single piece of independent information about this man on the internet, except for what he himself has revealed. And all of the various websites that rave about him are simply repeating the facts he's provided in his own biography and interviews. I have no solid reason to be suspicious, but I'd like to know a bit more about the man before I'm comfortable seeing him elevated to the position of orthodox Catholicism's public face in America. Where was he born? Who are his parents? Where did he go to school? Why did he leave seminary? Is he now or was he ever married? Does he have children? Are there any skeletons in his closet that could potentially embarrass the Church and the faithful should they be revealed?...

It was kind of odd to see a layman up there preaching the Gospel from the altar, with a priest sitting meekly in the first row. It made me sad that the clergy has so abdicated their responsibility to preach the Gospel with the power of the Spirit that we need a layman to get up there and give us spiritual meat. I for one have never in my entire life heard a priest speak with such passion and inspiration. I'm sure it was a novel experience for most of the people there as well. Still, I couldn't help feeling ashamed for the Church that a layman from Michigan had to come all the way to Staten Island, NY so we could be inspired with the Gospel message. This parish has multiple priests in residence. Why aren't they giving lectures and inspirational sermons on Friday nights? Why aren't they evangelizing? Why aren't they tending to the spiritual needs of the flock? Why did they need to bring in Michael Voris? (no offense to him).
More thoughts on this later on.

2 comments:

Lisa Ann Homic, M.Ed. D.C. said...

keep watching him and look at his entire website. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Voris is a sound-bite, simplistic sensationalist who never really made it in the "real" world so conveniently created a platform, laughingly named after himself, so that he could finally have his voice heard with no rules, no bosses, no objections. Attempt to even mildly object to his viewpoint and you are automatically blocked from commenting further. His followers certainly don't care about his whole, true story...but somebody ought to dig a little deeper...