Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Nelson Shanks – Clinton Hater Needs Publicity and Commissions for his Hack Portrait Business




I see where a middle range talent dude needs to pay the rent and take a commission of some obnoxious nouveau riche type – but I  guess Nelson Shanks has Jumped the Shark in a big way and the only commissions he can drum up now via FOX NEWS is Joe Smith on Black Velvet for the Mormon art lovers out west.

Hating Bill Clinton for decades implies mental illness.  He ain’t no Vincent Van G. I don't think. And sad to say the Clintons apparently don't have a clue about decorative art either and did not reject this mediocre shit portrait and change to a better artist. Or somebody truly "professional".

But from the Cracker Jack in a box Image of President Clinton of his portrait, one can see that Shanks obviously once has many friends and cronies in gubmint to get his lobbied for commission and to do Bill Clinton one last nasty gossiping old lady thing behind his back.  

Et Tu Nelson.

Whatever.


Shanks said painting Clinton was his hardest assignment because “he is probably the most famous liar of all time.” So he added the nod to the Lewinsky scandal because it had cast a shadow over Clinton’s presidency.

“He and his administration did some very good things, of course,” Shanks said, “but I could never get this Monica thing completely out of my mind, and it is subtly incorporated in the painting.” He told the Daily News:


If you look at the left-hand side of it there’s a mantle in the Oval Office and I put a shadow coming into the painting and it does two things. It actually literally represents a shadow from a blue dress that I had on a mannequin, that I had there while I was painting it, but not when he was there.


.

No comments: