Monday, August 27, 2012

Deist on the Cusp of Theism – and Areligionist too

(Wm.) Blake on Man (Newton)
Eduardo Paolozzi 1924-2005


Just a reminder to my readers to refresh your memories.  I remain areligionist. Without religion or dogma. Remain a cultural christian (small c). 

I heard a remark from comedian Kathy Griffin on one of her comedy specials about not believing anything but not wanting to join the atheists – an anal lot mostly. I agree.

So for the sake of further clarification I am a:  Deist on the Cusp of Theism (want my cake and eat it too)

The use of the word theism to indicate this classical form of monotheism began during the scientific revolution of the seventeenth century in order to distinguish it from the then-emerging deism which contended that God, though transcendent and supreme, did not intervene in the natural world and could be known rationally but not via revelation. - - Wikipedia

“Just because man invented God does not mean that God does not exist” - - M. McShea



*   *   *

No comments: